Friday, September 2, 2016

Poetic Personal Statement

Hi guys, I had an amazing summer but I am glad to be back in school and doing blog posts again.


Poetry, I think, is a creative way of expression and showing off your beauty, passion, and writing ability. It's basically all of your creativity in a rhythmic and rhyming pattern. I think poetry is used to express and feel emotions and maybe even learn something. It is both beautiful and expressive to writers and readers. I think poetry is very useful, fun, and I think I'm pretty descent at writing poetry mostly in whatever subject. I enjoy poetry and I hope other people do to. 

I was born with it and so were you
Never had to dream if it came true
Always knowing what will happen
It's what gets you good and zappin'
Confidence is key and you know it
So get out and boldly show it 
Be big, be bold, and even brave
So with that get up and show that you rave


I thought I would give myself more of a challenge to use rhythm and rhyme. I used rhyme by just thinking of sentences or statements that had a rhythmic connection and words that rhymed at the end. It was fun and I did a lot better than expected. Since I've heard so many songs that rhyme and have rhythm I just took what I've heard probably a million times and put it into words. I'm good at poetry compared to other people and have been getting better. I had a lot of fun on this project and am so excited that we are just getting started in GT.


Required Images: LastF_Poetic.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment