Thursday, September 29, 2016

Verbal Landscapes



I interact with nature by going to the beach, hiking, even taking a walk through a forest or natural place is interacting with nature. You can also do something for nature. Like a beach clean up, start a place to adopt pets, etc. Nature also impacts my life by protecting me and giving me a chance of shade and shelter under trees when it's hot, nature gives me places to go. I am grateful for nature because if it wasn't for nature I'd probably have nothing to do all day. I wouldn't have any exercise, I'd be fat and depressed.

Time lapses are created by taking time to record something within a long amount of time and in editing shrinking the clip. Slow-mo's are created by filming something for a short amount of time and in editing extend and slowing down that clip. Retime editor is very needed for time lapses and Slow-mo's. Retime editor can also be a useful way to time audio and clips. To get the timing perfect you'd have to take a little while.

I think the hardest part of this Retime Nature project was filming a clip needing a certain detail needed for dramatic effect and what you need won't come. Filming clips like this were fun when everything went your way, but it's frustrating and stressful when it doesn't. My favorite part of this project was seeing the time-lapses progress in Retime Editor. Something about it for me makes it so satisfying. I've had pretty good luck getting a nice sunset or great close up for a slow-mo in this project while filming.
 



Project Reflection: I think I did good but I could have done better. I think the reason that I didn't do as well as I'd hoped was my audio was really scratchy and weird and I didn't here how bad it was in Final Cut Pro. I think I should've redone my poem. But I appreciate the 25 people that looked past that. I don't know how two people found mine the best, but at least I wasn't the best because then I'd be really lost. 



No comments:

Post a Comment